January, that month of the year when everyone and everything slows down dramatically after the busyness of December. Don’t you love it? Personally, I find it the best time to plan the year ahead. No work pressures, no Christmas commitments or celebrations, no rushing.
I truly believe people give up on their New Year’s resolutions because they set them up in the middle of Christmas chaos. Influenced by other people and the excitement of the festive season. And, without reflecting about the year to end.
Sound familiar? If you have not set your new year goals yet, or if you have big hopes about 2017, this post if for you. It will help you to build the momentum you need to set up realistic goals and winning the new year.
When it comes to New Year’s resolutions, it is incredible useful + powerful to reflect about the year to end.
Shinning a light on your last year’s achievements will help you to build momentum. Understanding how much you were able to achieve will help you to set up realistic and winning goals.
This it the first of a 2-step process to set up New Year’s Resolutions and winning the new year, so let’s get started!
CELEBRATING & RELEASING 2016
Hit the pause button in “New Year’s Resolutions Goal Setting” and ask yourself:
- When did you feel most alive in 2016?
- What are some of the beautiful experiences you had last year?
- What’s something new you learnt?
- What are some of the things you achieved that you are proud of?
- Who did you have to become to make those achievements? How did you grow?
- What are some of the challenges you had to overcome?
- What was key to your success? Who were your cheerleaders?
- How is your life now as a result?
FILL a page – or two – with everything that comes to mind as you go through these questions. Whether big or small, everything is important. And, remember, trying on its own is an achievement.
SOAK into them for a day or two.
CELEBRATE – get a massage, have a gorgeous bath, buy yourself a beautiful bunch of flowers, drive somewhere special for a day, dress up beautifully and go out for dinner by yourself or with a special someone… Start the new year on a positive note!
Make time to yourself and set yourself for success – it is not too late + time is perfect!
Now I’d love to hear from you. In the comments below, let me know:
1. What is the one thing you achieved last year that you are proud of?
2. What is the one thing you will do to celebrate 2016 as a result of this process?
NOTE: top image found here